1.05.2013

THRIFT DATE.

Went on a thrift date with the lady friends today. Corrie, Lee, Maddie and I bundled up and ventured around Benson's best stops. Paperdoll, Imaginarium, St. Vincent Thrift. You know. I took my camera along with me because I wanted to experiment with my new lens! Bear with me, I'm learning still. 
















Then we made our way to the Old Market for more thrifting. First stopping for a necessary coffee fix at Urban Abbey, which is quickly becoming my favorite coffee shop. It is just so damn peaceful in that place. The lighting, the decor, the staff, the lack of hipster stench, allofit.  




Lee was on the hunt for some nightstands for her new bedroom in her new apartment in Dundee (welcome home, Leebaby), so we headed down the alley to Joe's Collectibles (arguably the best place to find anything ever). I fell in love with a Queen Anne chest that matched the dresser I painted last year. I told Lee that she needed to get it so I didn't. I refused to leave it at Joe's and was hell bent on one of us taking it home. Of course it ended up with me. More furniture. Minimalist Drew is so excited.






It was a lovely day for thrifting. Next time, Leavenworth shops.

The girls are coming over for a movie night at my place. I will be so excited to not wake up with a hangover in the morning. I'm not good at this whole trying to stay young thing. *Sigh*

Some phone photos from the day...




Happy weekend.

-k.

No comments:

Post a Comment